What we did
In order to provide everyone with the necessary tools for analysing data and creating their own decision-making aids, the project consisted of the following phases:
The first step involved implementing a complete face-to-face training programme on Power BI in 12 towns in France, and, since 2020, remote sessions:
- Introduction (1/2 day per trainee)
- “Getting started” (2 days per trainee)
- Advanced (2 days per trainee)
These training sessions, so far given to 8000 people, enabled the teams to ensure industrialised, reliable data processing – rather than using Excel spreadsheets, as was previously the case!
According to Jean-Christophe VERNHES, the Power Bi training courses enabled his team to carry out a number of projects by “pushing back the limits of a partially automated system, within a tight timeframe.”
After the SNCF teams improved their skills, our consultants then provided the client with post-training support to help users design their reporting tools.
We also provided the following:
A Power BI reporting for SNCF’s audit team (6 months) including:
- Monitoring dashboards for the group’s 1,200 subsidiaries
- Benchmarking the subsidiaries
- Detecting data with anomalies
- Compiling a report on the risk profile of the group’s subsidiaries
- A Power BI report for HR (3 weeks)
- Analysing payroll structures.
- Providing Management with interactive, automatic dashboards
SNCF now has a highly effective reporting solution regularly used by around 10,000 people, which ensures easier sharing of information across the group.